2020 Water Awareness Video Contest Winners Announced
The Solano County Water Agency is pleased to announce the winners of the 2020 Water Awareness Video Contest:
- FIRST PLACE: “H2BrOs” by Edward Fabi and Patrick Fabi (Nadja Fitchhorn, teacher) of Buckingham Charter High School in Vacaville will receive $1,500 split 50/50 between students and sponsoring teacher.
- SECOND PLACE: “H2O Heroes” by Athina Azevedo and Christiana Azevedo (Nadja Fitchhorn, teacher) of Buckingham Charter High School in Vacaville will receive $1,000 split 50/50 between students and sponsoring teacher.
- THIRD PLACE: “Easy as H2O” by Stephanie Tuck (Summer Ragosta, teacher) of St. Patrick-St. Vincent High School in Vallejo will receive $500 split 50/50 between student and sponsoring teacher.
TOP SCORING VIDEO FROM EACH SCHOOL: The top scoring video from each school earns a $50 Amazon gift card (minimum eligibility was five videos per school with First, Second and Third place winners not eligible).
- “Spacific Ways to Save Our Oceans” by Gabrielle R. Landavora (Tamara Moore, teacher) of Rodriguez High School in Fairfield
- “Everything Starts at Home” by Nicole Escobar and Jizelle Sanchez (Summer Ragosta, teacher) of St. Patrick-St. Vincent High School in Vallejo
TEACHER PARTICIPATION PRIZES: Summer Ragosta of St Patrick-St Vincent High School will receive an Amazon gift card for submitting the most videos (minimum eligibility was 10 videos per teacher).
A total of 19 videos were submitted in this year’s contest, which challenged middle school and high school students to create compelling and original 60-second Public Service Announcement videos on the 2020 water efficiency theme H2O Tunes.
A team of water efficiency experts narrowed videos down to the top finalists, and then a panel of community leaders selected the winners. A HUGE THANK YOU to our judging panel of community leaders, which included the Vallejo/Solano Film Commission’s Jim Reikowsky and Pixar Animation Studio’s Daniel Holland.
Selections were based on entertainment value and originality, videography, style and organization, audio/sound, and movie content and accuracy.
All of the top scoring videos can be viewed on the Solano Saves Water YouTube channel at http://tinyurl.com/scwavideo
For tips on using water efficiently, visit www.solanosaveswater.org. For more information or questions about the contest, please contact Chris Perry or Christine Kohn, Video Contest Outreach Coordinators, at email@example.com or (916) 416-7367.