2022 Water Awareness Video Contest Winners Announced
The Solano County Water Agency (SCWA) is pleased to announce the winners of the 2022 Water Awareness Video Contest:
- FIRST PLACE: “Save Water, Save our Future” by Peyton Post, Hayley Naga and Kezia Pierce (Christy Ireland, teacher) of Buckingham Charter High School in Vacaville will receive $1,500 split 50/50 between students and sponsoring teacher.
- SECOND PLACE: “Saving Water is Saving our Future” by Samantha Abelon (Christy Ireland, teacher) of Buckingham Charter High School in Vacaville will receive $1,000 split 50/50 between students and sponsoring teacher.
- THIRD PLACE (TIE): “Conserving Water” by Mackenzie Wade (Darcy Pritchard, teachers) of Vanden High School in Fairfield will receive $500 split 50/50 between student and sponsoring teacher.
- THIRD PLACE (TIE): “Saving our Water is Saving our Future” by Analicia Douglas (Katy Green, teacher) of Vanden High School in Fairfield will receive $500 split 50/50 between student and sponsoring teacher.
Top scoring video from each school: The top scoring video from each school earns a $50 Amazon gift card (minimum eligibility was five eligible videos per school with First, Second and Third place winners not eligible).
- “Water Conservation” by Zoe Gordon (Rocky Kim, teacher) of Benicia High School in Benicia
- “Phineas and Ferb for Water Conservation” by Sierra Meredith and Mackenzie Barnhill (Christy Ireland, teacher) of Buckingham Charter High School in Vacaville
- “The Epitome” by Damien De Vera (Jason McCabe, teacher) of St. Patrick-St. Vincent High School in Vallejo
- “Saving Water, Invest in Your Future” by Hunter Hassler and Angelo Pagoulatos (Brent Manuel, teacher) of Vanden High School in Fairfield
TEACHER PARTICIPATION PRIZE:
Rocky Kim of Benicia High School, Christy Ireland of Buckingham Charter High School, Jason McCabe of St Patrick-St Vincent High School and Darcy Pritchard of Vanden High School will receive Amazon gift cards for submitting the most videos (minimum eligibility was 10 eligible videos per teacher).
SCWA received 125 videos representing five schools from throughout Solano County in this year’s contest, which challenged middle school and high school students to create compelling and original 60-second Public Service Announcement videos on the 2022 theme Saving Water is Saving Our Future.
A team of water efficiency experts narrowed videos down to the top finalists, and then a panel of community leaders selected the winners. A HUGE THANK YOU to our judging panel of community leaders, and experts, which included Ron Tuner for state Senator Bill Dodd, John Young with 93.5 KUIC and Jim Reikowsky, longtime Film Office Liaison (now retired) with the Solano County Film Commission.
Selections were based on entertainment value and originality, videography, style and organization, audio/sound, and movie content and accuracy.
All of the top scoring videos can be viewed on the Solano Saves Water YouTube channel at http://tinyurl.com/scwavideo
For tips on using water efficiently, visit https://www.scwa2.com/. For more information or questions about the contest, please contact Chris Perry or Christine Kohn, Video Contest Outreach Coordinators, at email@example.com or (916) 416-7367.