Landscape Assistance Program
DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF PARTICIPATION, THE LANDSCAPE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS
If you would like to be placed on the Waitlist to be contacted when additional funding is available, please email your name, phone number, and email to A2ZLANDSCAPING52@gmail.com.
The Solano County Water Agency (SCWA) is offering landscape assistance to Disabled Persons and Low-Income Seniors that are resident homeowners in Solano County through the SCWA Low Water Use Landscape Assistance Program (Program) as outlined in these Program Terms and Conditions.
Applicants in this Program may qualify to have their existing lawn/sod replaced with a custom designed low water use landscape under the Terms and Conditions. This Program offers an initial site inspection, landscape design, lawn/sod removal, irrigation conversion to low water use, new landscape installation, and limited maintenance as determined by SCWA and so long as funding for the Program is available. All Program participants must be eligible and approved by SCWA (Participants) and are required to comply with the Terms and Conditions and SCWA’s current Water Efficient Landscape Rebate Program Terms and Conditions.
- Participants must be Disabled Persons or Low-income Seniors and resident homeowners in Solano County. For the purposes of this Program, “Disabled Person” is defined in California Vehicle Code § 295.5, “Low-income” shall be defined as any person participating in the PG&E California Alternate Rates for Energy Program (CARE), and “Senior” is defined as any person 62 years or older.
- To establish that an applicant is a Disabled Person or Low-income Senior, applicants should submit the following supporting documentation with their completed application:
● A copy of applicant’s official California DMV Identification Card for a Disabled Person placard or plate. The name on the Identification Card must be the same as the Program applicant’s name; OR
●A physician’s note signed verification: Stating applicant is a patient of said physician, applicant is currently suffering from a condition pursuant to CVC Section 295.5, and providing physician’s name, address, and phone number.
● A copy of applicant’s most recent PG&E CARE Bill with copy of applicant’s current California issued Identification Card or Driver’s License. The name on the PG&E Care Bill and California issued Identification Card or Driver’s License must be the same as the Program applicant’s name.
- Participant must own the Solano County residence requesting landscaping assistance in the Program and such residence must be held in fee simple title in the applicant’s name in Solano County Official Records (Site). The Site must be the primary residence of the applicant (Participant resides in the residence 51% of the time during participation in the Program) and meet all Site Eligibility requirements. Participant may reside in a single family home, multi-family home, or in a mobile home within Solano County.
Steps to Participate
- Contact A2Z Landscaping at A2ZLANDSCAPING52@gmail.com to be placed on the waitlist until further notice.
- Once contacted to apply, Download an application form.
- Submit completed application with supportive documentation as suggested.
- SCWA will process applications on a first come first served basis. An initial site inspection will be scheduled in order to determine site eligibility*. After the initial site inspection, applicant will receive a Notice to Proceed if the site conditions meet the requirements to participate in the Landscape Assistance Program.